Friday, December 14, 2012

I am in Africa!

Morocco!

I

Visiting Morocco was a great experience because I was able to experience a completely different culture an world perspective. Morocco is an interesting country to visit...

I was in a bus for 26 hours, were I spent three very uncomfortable nights. I slept in a tent under 10 degree in the Sahara dessert to wake up in the morning without a voice. We were on a minor car accident in the middle of the dessert. I rode a camel for about an hour and a half into the middle of nowhere. I cross streets scared for my life because there were people, cars, bikes and donkeys coming from all directions. I tried their delicious mint tea and ate couscous and taginee for days. Talk about adventure! I felt forced and obliged to purchase things at the market in Marrakech
Now that I look back at the experience I can say that Morocco was a different type of trip. I visited extremely poor communitites were they receive water every two days and while we use it to wash our cars they save it for drinks and to cook later on.





 I danced in the dessert with native arabics around a bonfired and saw shooting stars. I attemped to communicate in French while they talked to me in Arabic.
Morocco, Africa is another world to explore. I do have to say that visiting an arabic country is quite an experience, I would not advice any girl to travel there alone and to be smart about it by respecting their culture.



   










I
























No comments:

Post a Comment