Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Porto.... Portugal!


YES! I can say I made it to Portugal!

Porto, what a wonderfull city!! It is the perfect weekend get away if your looking for a romantic, affordable, fun beautiful city! It´s small and cosy with great food and ambient.



When I travel, I like to explore the local places to get a better understanding of the city and its people. I always end up getting advise from the locals of course. Luckily my roomate was from Porto so this is exactly what he recommended to visit while in Porto.

The Ribeira, Aliados, Rua de Santa Catarina, Casa da Musica, Se´s Church and the surrounding area, Clerigos ( the bookstore lello) and the Palacio de Cristal




La Ribeira


Visit the Port wine cellars




you must try the Francesinha, it is a delicious speciality from Porto, but I must warn you it will most likely give you a food coma.  My friend said that it could be found in many places but the best place to try it is called Santiago in the street Rua Passos Manuel near the Santa Cararin








La Ribeira is proabably one of the most beautiful places I´ve seen, the colorful rooftops, the bridges and the whole ambient makes me want to go back to go back to porto. I would absolutely recommend if your traveling to Europe and want to explore the beauty of smaller not so popular cities. I believe a weekend in Porto is more than enough time to enjoy this captivating city!

No comments:

Post a Comment